We have been performing laser surgery at Cats Limited since 2007. Our patients are so much more comfortable with laser- we would never go back to traditional "scalpel blade" surgery. By using the laser, we are able to minimize pain, decrease swelling, reduce infections and speed up recovery time, which means less time in the hospital for your kitty.
Some of the benefits of using laser surgery:
- Less Pain - The laser seals nerve endings as it moves through tissue. Your pet will feel less pain after surgery.
- Less Bleeding - The laser seals small blood vessels during surgery, resulting in less bleeding and shorter surgery time.
- Less Swelling - With laser technology, only light comes into contact with the tissue, causing minimal swelling.
- Extreme Precision - The laser enables your surgeon to only affect or remove the target tissue, leaving the healthy surrounding tissue untouched.
- Reduced Risk of Infection - The high heat of laser energy kills bacteria and microorganisms reducing the chance of infection.
- Quicker Recovery - For all of the above reasons, your pet is likely to feel less discomfort after surgery, and return home to normal activities sooner.